Chicken Parmesan, the Keto way.
Who’s missing the pasta? Not me. These crispy and savory noodles are bursting with juicy flavor! I just finished my plate and can’t wait to eat it again!
Yield: 4 portions
- 3-4 yellow squash and/or zucchini
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- Extra-virgin olive oil, approx. 1/4 cup
- Spices: parsley, oregano, black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
This recipe (one portion, as pictured) has approximately:
- 685 k calories
- 53 g protein
- 47 g fat
- 17 g carbs
5 easy steps!
- Make your zucchini and yellow squash noodles! Use kitchen shears to cut them into the perfect length.
- Grab a small saucepan and make your sauce. Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the onion, garlic, tomato sauce, your spices and salt. Add about 1/4 cup of water and let it cook on low-heat until your other ingredients are ready.
**Note: Onions are higher in sugar than other vegetables and must be appropriately measured and never combined with ingredients that are high in carbs. Make sure to only use half of a small onion in this recipe.
3. Toss your chicken in the Parmesan cheese and cook in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil, until golden brown and fully cooked. Let your chicken breasts rest for at least five minutes so that they retain their juices.
4. In a hot pan with a tiny bit of olive oil: add your sliced bell peppers, zucchini and squash noodles. Cook for a few minutes. Season to taste.
5. Your meal is now ready to be served! Start with a bed of noodles, top with a sliced chicken breast, sauce, and mozzarella. Melt the mozzarella in the broiler for a gooey finish. Bon appétit!