Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza
I don’t believe in depriving myself of enjoyment. And that is exactly what this pizza is. Pure joy in every bite! Creamy and garlicky-Alfredo sauce accompanied with sweet, roasted peppers, char-grilled chicken, still-crunchy broccoli, and savory Parmesan cheese. I will show you a simple way to make Alfredo sauce and post a link to the pizza dough recipe I use every time Josh and I crave pizza. Homemade is best, of course.
Feel free to add ANYTHING you like to this pizza! I add broccoli to pretty much everything. It’s nutrients and flavor have made it my favorite vegetable so far!
There are three elements to this meal: dough, sauce, and toppings.
The best part of making pizza at home is that you have control over every bite.
I like my dough thin, crispy, and dough-y at the end. The sauce must be velvety smooth and bursting with flavor. The toppings fresh, crispy, crunchy, and perfectly balanced.
A homemade pizza dough recipe that you’ll want to use again and again:
Quick and easy Alfredo sauce:
- Heat about two cups of heavy cream on low heat.
- Add in grated garlic (more is better in my house), a cup of fresh Parmesan cheese,whisk together. I also sprinkle in a little thyme and parsley.
- Let the flavors combine, thicken, and turn into a rich delicious sauce. *Note: There is already salt in the cheese, taste before considering adding more.
Toppings that compliment Alfredo sauce:
- grilled, diced chicken breasts
- bits of sautéed broccoli
- roasted, sliced sweet peppers
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 Easy steps!
- Bake your pizza dough.
- Get your Alfredo to the perfect consistency and taste.
Have your mise en place ready: Chicken cooked✔ broccoli sautéed ✔ peppers roasted and sliced ✔ Parmesan and grater✔
3. Top your pizza dough with Alfredo sauce, evenly distribute toppings, sprinkle with grated cheese. Melt a little in the broiler, and enjoy!