Super quick & flavorful lunch for two!
We’re all on the run somedays. Having go-to flavor combinations will come in handy! I must share this with you. It’s THAT good! It’s savory, sweet, tangy, and smoky. Best of all, it was created in just over ten minutes!
I saw leftover rotisserie chicken and immediately knew tacos were the answer. That is how these Chipotle-lime-orange Chicken Tacos came to life. Here is how you can taste them for yourself.
Chipotle-lime-orange Chicken Tacos
- 12 ounces of rotisserie chicken
- 4 or 5 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large, perfectly-ripe avocado
- Spices: cumin, Spanish paprika, and garlic powder (as much as you like, I used about a tablespoon of each)
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Caramelize the onions in extra-virgin olive oil. Allow them to get a little color, then add your shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Toss in everything else (except the avocado and tortillas, of course) mix it up, and let the flavors simmer until they’re perfect for you.
- Heat up the tortillas and dice the avocado. Voila! Lunch is ready to enjoy wherever your day takes you!